To create your own stage, click on “Stages” in the top menu of the Backstage. You will see the list of stages, by default displaying your stages.
Click “New +” in the green banner to create a stage. Give the stage a name that will appear in the stages list and other places, as well as a short name that will be in the stage’s URL (for example, http://upstage.live/shortname).
You can add a description, which will be visible to the audience while they are loading the stage.
Assign Players to your Stage
Unless you are creating a solo cyberformance, you will want a team of players – the cast and crew of your cyberformance. You need to give these other players access to your stage, otherwise they will only be able to enter as audience, without access to the on-stage player tools.
There are two levels of access you can give to other players on your stage:
- “player access” gives them access to the on-stage tools so that they can be part of the performance
- “player and edit access” allows them to also edit the stage – add media and make other changes in the stage management interface.
Click on a player’s name to move them to the right and increase their access. Right-click on a player’s name to move them to the left and decrease their access. Use the search field if you don’t see the username of the player you want to move.
You can set your stage to be either Live, Upcoming, or Rehearsal.
- “Live” means that the stage is featured on the Foyer page, and the audience can enter.
- “Upcoming” means that the stage is featured on the Foyer page, but the audience can’t enter
- “Rehearsal” means that the stage is not featured on the Foyer page, and the audience can’t enter
You can choose an image to display while your stage is loading. This could be a backdrop from the performance, or you may wish to create a specific image that includes information about the show to help the audience have the best experience.
Click “Choose an Image” and select from the available images, or click “New +” to upload a new image from your computer.
Create the Stage
Press the “Create Stage” button at the top right of the screen to save and create the stage. Note that you can change any of the information you have entered, at any time. The only fields that must be filled to create the stage are the stage name and URL name.
After creating your stage, you will arrive at the stage management interface. Please go to the chapter Manage your Stage to find out what you can do here.